Friday, August 20, 2010

Today is my Birthday (Na na na na na na)

Okay, actually tomorrow is, but Darin gave me my present early, as he is off for a work retreat this weekend. I'll forgive him--- I am now a proud owner of a Nikon d3000! He said it was worth the money to not hear me complain about our old point-and-shoots. Yay Darin! Here are some first shots.

Front yard roses:


Pay no attention to that chipped nail polish!
Favorite green flats (BC Footwear, $15)


Lovely Rowena

I love the "child function" on the camera!
It softens the face and brightens the clothing colors.



It was kismet that I wore this ring today:


Darin is such an exhibitionist:


The gorgeous view from our front yard:


Obligatory blurry bathroom shot:


Has anyone seen the Joss Whedon series "Firefly"?
I think that's how I will ring out my 27th year of life, with some Oregon chai by my side.
Happy weekend!






2 comments:

  1. A few points:

    1) Happy Birthday!!!
    2) You lucky girl. Glad to see you're enjoying the gift already.
    3) Love the ring.
    4) The Darin exhibitionist shot didn't load on my computer so now I'm just left to wonder...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darin is such a good husband-gift-giver! Awesome gift!

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails