Friday, October 15, 2010

Bookish

Hat: Thrifted
Shirt: Tulle Clothing
Skirt: Gap
Tights: c/o We Love Colors
Booties: Seychelles 'Spectacle'
...Ah! as the heart grows older
It will come to such sights colder
By & by, nor spare a sigh
Though worlds of wanwood leafmeal lie;
And yet you wíll weep & know why.
-Hopkins

Who knew fashion and poetry went together so well? I know I'm in good company when my blogger friends' knowledge of literature extends beyond Twilight. Nothing against Edward and Bella, but they aren't the end-all be-all of bookage. Speaking of books, what do you guys think of The Hunger Games trilogy? I've read some reviews and it looks intriguing.

On bigger news, I am starting a part-time job next week at a local Catholic youth center! I will be in charge of scheduling events and 'selling' the space. I am very happy about it because the hours are from 8-noon, so I can be home in time for lunch with Darin and Rowena. The work environment is very peaceful and positive-- both dealbreakers for me at this point in my life. I don't think my mom is very happy about it; I get the sense that she thinks I should be home all the time. If I've learned anything, it's that you can't please everyone! It is hard for me to justify being a SAHM when Darin works exclusively from home, too. This job will be a perfect fit into our schedules!

Have a great day!
Keep your eyes out for another (better outfit, better locale) post later today!

13 comments:

  1. Hi, I love your blog! :)
    And today's outfit is super gorgeous!

    Congrats on your new job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Bookish too!:)
    Love your Outfit.
    Oh I want your blouse!
    xx, Alice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol i am never a big fan of twilight , its kinda over rated which i think is pretty sickening , sorry to all the fans , oooops lol

    hey hey good luck with the part time job , i wont say much about the outfit this time because u know how much i adores every single thing that you wear ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the job, Lou! It sounds interesting and you'll do an amazing job! Besides, nothing like a little time at work to make you appreciate time at home! :-)I'm not sure what your mom thinks, but I think it's fabulous, especially if Darin works at home. He's lovely, but it IS possible to see too much of each other.

    Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Hunger Games! And The first two books are coming your way!
    Congrats on your new gig, it sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really disliked twilight
    and i was really put off from reading the hunger games bc thinking it might be like twilight...
    but i finally did & it was wonderful. they aren't world changing.
    but it is a quick fun read.

    congrats on the part time job!! have fun.

    you look beautiful as always!!! :)
    have a great weekend.
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your C.S. Lewis quote- just noticed it. Are those your new glasses? As I told you before- you'll know pretty quickly if the job's the right fit. Doesn't Rowena sleep in until 10 anyway? Perfect child.

    ReplyDelete
  8. faithemmanuel- you are right...listen to your heart (cue 90s music)....and it will be fine

    I like the shirt- cute- I've never heard of Tulle...but then, I'm an old fogey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!! I love the colors in this outfit, and that top is great! I hadn't actually heard of Hunger Games, but it sounds interesting. Congratulations on the job! I hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I"m so glad you found a PT job! That's great it works into your guys' schedules. I'm loving the blue tights!

    CLOTHED MUCH, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the new job! That sounds so exciting!

    I love your outfit, by the way, especially the shoes and the tights!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, i have that same blouse.. i love how you style it with that blue tights and cute hat. Congratulation for your new job :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw you look adorable! I must agree, finding out that fashion bloggers also have similar tastes in literature & film has been wonderful. :D I haven't heard of Hunger Games though!

    Good luck on the new job! Sounds cool.

    x
    Michal

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails