Wednesday, October 20, 2010

An Experiment

A few weeks ago, I wanted to mix something uber-feminine with uber-winter... here is the result!
Fair Isle sweater: American Eagle
Feather headband: Forever 21
Lace skirt: Target
Socks: Sock Dreams
Houndstooth scarf: Gap
Booties: Seychelles
Even though I like the result, I returned this skirt after I tried it on for these photos. I think I make this skirt vulgar. I decided to follow my the advice I would constantly give to my customers: If you don't love it, return it! I would rather invest in a good pencil skirt anyway.

Oh, and remember that list I posted on Monday? Well, Darin and I got food-poisoning that very night from some bad steak. We spent the entire day yesterday in bed (when we weren't in the bathroom) watching Chris Farley movies, reading, and sleeping while my wonderful mother took non-poisoned Rowena for the day. We feel 100% better this morning, thank you!

I'm am off to start that list! Much love to you.

Cheers,
Louise

10 comments:

  1. Adore your Outfit. What a lovely Patternmix!
    xx, Alice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got that same lace skirt but in gray. I really like it and can't wait to pair it with something. It was only $5 on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried on that skirt a couple weeks ago... didn't like it too much and feel better about not getting it (despite the good price) hearing that you didn't either! :) That same day I did find an AMAZING skirt at target for $5. I'll try to send you a picture some time. It has become my most frequently worn article of clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit! I love the way you've mixed the patterns. Where are you going to get your new pencil skirt from?

    xx
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your outfit :)

    http://www.tayaheilig.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute! Love your socks & great sweater! Glad you're feeling better, food-poisoning is not fun. P:

    ReplyDelete
  7. you little stinker, you do not make the skirt look vulgar! i think you look very beautiful...but i respect your decision ;) maybe i am biased because i am actually sitting here with the ivory one on!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you feel better...

    no comments on my last 2 controversial posts....boohoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute outfit! I like the socks a lot actually! The skirt doesn't look vulgar at all, but pencil skirts are also really great! And glad you guys are feeling better! Hah, using Chris Farley movies as a recovery aid is pretty entertaining too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like all the busy textures and patterns in this outfit: the thick sweater paired with the delicate lace especially.

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails