Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Featured Blogger: Sock Monkey and Gee

Hello, everyone! It is my pleasure to introduce my featured blogger of October, Gee of Sock Monkey and Gee! Not only is Gee stylish and Zooey Deschanel-pretty, she is one of the first supporters of Coffee and a Cardigan. I could tell right away, just from her comments, that she was a kind and genuine person. I am so happy to have you get to know her. Read on!Gee, tell me a little about your background.
I am a girl obsessed with dresses from Chattanooga, Tn. living in West Virginia at the moment for my husband's job. I am 27 years young and went to a little liberal arts college in Columbus, OH. I earned my Art Degree in 2006 with a concentration in painting. I work from home... when I am not working I am either painting or shopping.


How do you describe your style?
Dresses everyday, all day. But if I had to narrow it down it would be described as grandma/romantic/vintage-ish.


Your photo locations are so beautiful. What has been your favorite photo shoot so far?
Either the park in Louisville or my in-laws home in Ohio. I just love nature.


What was your inspiration for starting "Sock Monkey and Gee?"
Before I started my blog I was looking at random fashion blogs for a good 6 months while living in Evansville, IN and I was so nervous to start one. I always thought who in the world would care what I wore. So when we moved to West Virginia I was bored out of my mind and decided to suck it up and start one. So this past June, I did and I love it.


What is your blog mantra?
You only live once... wear whatever you want to wear.
What are your passions in life?
My main passion is Art. I am not painting as much as I want right now but I have big plans to do a lot more. Sometimes life and bills get in the way of your real passion.


As a fellow book lover, what's your favorite book?
The Giver, by Lois Lowery


You have a lot of art posted on your blog. Who is your favorite artist?
Gustav Klimt, hands down FAVORITE!! I think if I saw one of his paintings in person I would faint.


I love this next question, so I stole it from you: If you had to wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Comfy black jeans with a chambray shirt and flats. Simple and chic.

What is the best blog advice you've received?
Create a blog that you would enjoy reading yourself.

You're hosting a party- Who (dead, alive, or fictional) is invited?
Well i will do one of each. fictional: Mr. Darcy dead: Gustav Klimt alive: Stephen Hawking

Pink or Red? Pink
Fall or Spring? Fall
Rice or Pasta? Pasta
Coffee or Tea? I love them both!
Jeans or Dresses?
DRESSESMake sure to visit Gee at her bloggy-space! Her photos are gorgeous, she knows her way around a dress, and she has such a gentle spirit that I am sure you'll appreciate. Gee is kindly featuring me today in case you wanted to know some more of the sordid inner-workings of Louise... turn back now.

Outfit post soon, my friends!

8 comments:

  1. beautiful, beautiful blogger she is.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee is such a sweet lady : ) I'm glad you did this feature! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved all her questions.
    As a dress-obsessed girl from Tennessee myself, I love her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee- get thee to Vienna- There's an actual Klimt museum there- just go off season and stay in a hostel and eat grocery store food. You will NEVER regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great feature! I'll have to check this blog out! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay I love these interviews!! I especially like that she loves tea AND coffee and that she wants to have a party with Mr Darcy & Gustav Klimt & Stephen Hawking. I hope I'm invited. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's not to love about this girl? Great interview questions. I just read yours over at her blog and it was lovely as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great one because i love u both ♥

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails