Friday, October 22, 2010

Garden Party

My new blog-friend Suze from Miss Vinyl Ahoy and I are doing a clothing swap! She hasn't received her package of goodies yet, so I was planning to wait for her, but the prospect of wearing new-to-me clothes was too tempting. Consider this a little preview of more experimental remixes! Suze sent me this H&M top and I put it on right away; flutter sleeves and red floral are a couple of my weaknesses. The flowiness of the top demanded some skinny jeans. I also added red lips and red shoes to the mix to bring out the red in the mostly-pastel shirt.
Top: H&M via swap with Suze
Jeans: Gap 'Forever Skinny'
Shoes: Vintage Remix
Necklace: Forever 21
Lipstick: MAC 'Russian Red'
Oh, and you must meet my mom's kitten, Chester! It's short for Chesterton, one of our family's favorite writers. Check out that orange tail!
Isn't he darling? He looks a lot like Milton, doesn't he? I promise you won't see my Who-inspired topknot for a while! My head is starting to hurt and my bangs miss my forehead. They're out to play today!

These photos were taken in my parents' backyard. We made dinner for them to thank them for Rowena-care while Darin and I had food-poisoning earlier in the week. After roast chicken, broccoli, and my famous macaroni-and-cheese, we sat around the computer and listened to Jimmy Reed and my dad lecture about the evils of white-man-singing-blues. It was awesome.

Off to work! TGIF, baby.

30 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! Very cute cat, as well. :) I'm loving that top and the punch of red with your shoes and lips: it really puts the whole outfit together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is so cute! I love your pops of red in it. Lovely.

    And your mom's kitty is adorable!

    :o)Sarah
    www.restlessromantic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygosh! I love my shirt on you! LOL! Eh, I don't care that you didn't wait. It's fun to see someone else in my clothes!
    I can't wait to see how you style everything else. One of the dresses I sent you, I wanted to wear the other day, but then realized I sent it to you! LOL!
    And I want the cat. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea. that kitten is adorable too!

    BM

    http://thebohemiangoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm facinated by those red shoes. They look like this amazing combinationg of granny-chic and pin-up style. Lipstick looks great, too. But the best accessory? Fluffy cat, every time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a cute kitty-cat! Lovely pictures and an adorable Outfit. Love your necklace and hair-do!
    xx, Alice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this cute little bun. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your outfit))
    nice cat ^^

    http://www.tayaheilig.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my what a cute kitty.
    you look wonderful as always!!!
    have a beautiful weekend love.
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! that top is so pretty and of course, cats are the best accessories :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures! I especially love that last one. So cute. (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun. It will be neat to see what she does with your clothes.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  13. You were born for red lipstick.

    Clothing swaps are fun, no? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clothing swaps are cool, and that outfit is super cute!! I love the setting with the birdhouse and the arch too! That top is great and goes perfect with skinny jeans! Sounds like a fun evening! I hope you guys have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the last photo with the cat, it's so cute !
    http://selenite.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for commenting :)
    Oh I totally agree! After watching the first episode of Pretty Little Liars, I felt a pretty little bit let down! tehe.
    It was like the show was lacking a certain depth, a sincerity to keep the audience captivated in my opinion.
    I'm gona keep watching though, just to see if it gets any better... ;)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nices pictures. xxx
    http://marieblogueuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The pop of red in the shoes takes this outfit to the next level and your cat is too cute! =^.^=

    xx
    MILK TEETHS

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your blog so. ;*♥

    http://nottowriteaboutboys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. im so in love with all your posts - and your cat is so cute!
    :) x

    www.fashionmakesmenervous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Lou!

    I saw Kim Jong-il and a radish and thought of you! Take a peek at my blog to experience the amazing awkwardness for yourself!

    http://garlic-and-sapphires-in-the-mud.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this! What an awesome swap :D it must have been exciting not knowing what would arrive!

    Ayesha x

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look lovely! I love the color and style of those heels! And cute kitty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. yay! another kitty for me to steal! also, consider me obsessed with those red shoes. you look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love your blog so much :) I just read it for hours :)
    my favourite picture is the last one :)
    loving form cape town
    x jenna
    http://jennamaree-kipling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. very sweet, good idea :)
    I want to make you something, all the way from the bottom end of Africa :)
    x jenna

    http://croquislife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails