Thursday, October 14, 2010

Goldengrove

Margaret, are you grieving
Over Goldengrove unleaving?
Leaves, like the things of man, you
With your fresh thoughts care for, can you?
-Gerard Manley Hopkins
Yellow coat: Gap, used*
Paisley/striped scarf: Gap
Chambray top: Tulle Clothing
Jean leggings: Old Navy
(I just can't bring myself to call them 'jeggings' yet)
Boots: Frye 'Harness' via Craigslist
Headband: courtesy of Monirose
Hey, don't look at my hair like that! It's not what you think. I never went to Ross Dress for Less and acquired the Bumpit set. Anyway, if I had, it was only 5 dollars. There's no way I wedged that thing in my hair soaked in Suave for Men hairspray. Oh you. So suspicious.
* About that jacket... A customer returned this yellow goodness to the store and I was all over it. I wanted it since it came in brand new, so I was pretty excited to acquire it for a measly $2 (I had a small giftcard.) Imagine my surprise upon its first wearing when I found movie tickets and seashells in the pockets! So there you are... used.

Have a lovely day, everyone!

16 comments:

  1. Oh the last Picture is sooo cute!:)
    And you're Outfit is amazing!
    I adore your yellow coat. xx, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're beautiful! <3
    wanna exchange link? or just follow each other?
    xo, Lorine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not judge, I may have also acquired a Bump It from Ross. But I love your headband...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I've just found your blog and I want to say I absolutely love it! This outfit is gorgeous - seems to match perfectly with the weather :) I really think used clothes have a certain extra something to them (as strange as that sounds - i'm a big charity shop lover!) how cute that the pockets had seashells in them! Your photogrpahy is beautiful too. I'm your newest follower :)
    Would love it if you'd take a look at my blog too as I am pretty new, maybe let me know what you think?
    love xx
    www.rosie-glow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this jacket!! hehe It's my favorite. Everyone calls me the Morton Salt Girl or Paddington when I wear it. (:

    I LOVE YOUR HAIR! That headband is ADORABLE. This whole outfit is so cute. And I know how you feel, I can't call them jeggings yet either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these pictures are wodnerful..
    i love the last picture! :)
    you look absolutely beautiful and the best part of the whole outfit is the headband. i looove it.
    i have a bumpit too..hahaha...but i just like teasing my hair better in the end..the darn thing never wants to stay put!!!
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  7. That coat and scarf are so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. just wanted to let you know you may be one of my new favorite bloggers. I love your style, and quoting Gerard Manley Hopkins (my personal poetic snugglemuffin) just made me love you for ever.
    I'm going to add you to the blogroll on my recently started style blog. I don't have many readers yet, but I'm having lots of fun anyway.
    Also, it's rediculous how much I want boots like yours.

    http://cheapdame.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favourite poems to recite.

    Also, the bright coat + the classic boots = <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah, that's why i loved getting used clothing! it's like a peek into someone else's life.
    p.s. i am swooning over your awesome yellow coat but even more over your gerard manley hopkins quote!! "the windhover" is one of my favorite EVER poems :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. SOOO Cute. I love this yellow color. How very sunny it is! THose boots are cute as well.

    thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love what u did to your hair and the headband is the perfect add on to it :)

    hey haha i have never had a yellow jacket before but you look so cute in it , and it look so fun too

    ReplyDelete
  13. That coat seriously rocks!! Super cute! And how awesome to find seashells and movie tickets in the pocket! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos! Like the yellow coat!

    xx Marije

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails