Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Look, Ma!

I bit the bullet and cleaned my closet last night! Here are the fruits of my labors! Enjoy!

No really, enjoy, because I don't know how long I can keep it clean. It's silly not to keep it perfect when it feels so good to have all my clothes accessible and organized.

The hanging pieces from left to right are organized as tights, belts, blouses, cardigans, and sweaters. The folded pieces up top are pullover sweaters, long-sleeved tees, and vestlike frippery.
On the other side of the closet, the hanging clothes are skirts, dresses, and flat shoes. The folded clothing above is organized by thick sweaters, short-sleeved tees, and pants.
Yes, I have a lot of clothing. (Probably too much.) Keep in mind that I worked in retail for a long time and buy a lot of thrifted clothing. I think you'd be surprised at how much money I have actually spent on my wardrobe!

I am going to do a Closet Deep Clean once a month. It feels too good not to, and Darin is a much happier man. As am I. But I'm a girl. Not a man. Take note.

Have a lovely evening!

15 comments:

  1. oh how i wish for the days of being able to go through closets such as yours! mine is about the opposite of this :P pooey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love when bloggers do closet posts.. it's neat to see how everyone organizes their clothing. lovely blog as well! :)

    http://devorelebeaumonstre.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely blog! :)

    http://devorelebeaumonstre.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even your closet looks retro. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh, louise. come organize my closet for me. and while you're cleaning my closet, can i borrow all of your shoes? thanks!

    but really, i think it would take about a week to get through one side of my closet. maybe one day i will do a closet cleanse.

    ps. memorizing chaucer is the worst. in fact, chaucer is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, thank you for all the positive comments! I half-worried that someone would reject me and my wee blog because of my immense clothing collection.

    @Anna- I actually enjoy Chaucer (translated, mind you) because I had an excellent prof in college. He really brought out the humor in the stories and we laughed and laughed. I still don't understand why your professor is making you memorize it! Faugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would enjoy chaucer too, if it were translated. unfortunately, my prof is a stickler for middle english (and sneaks it into everyday conversation). so, i'm a little bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh i go gu gu ga ga looking at all your pretty shoes ! i am coming to steal all of them away from u hahaha

    just so u know i super duper love your blog , :)

    keep it up u will be seeing me around for a long long time stalking lol ( just joking )

    with love

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! It's such a lovely Blog you have here!:)
    Follow you! Follow me back?
    xx, Alice from bells and whistles

    ReplyDelete
  10. such pretty shoes.
    my shoe collection is horrible.
    i really need to start enjoying shoe shopping more.
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, that sweet looking polka dotted piece you own in photo 3? Yeah, I so want it. I have no idea what it is, but it's polka dotted, so I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @gee- I must shoe you the wonders of the Shoe!

    @missvinylahoy- SO FUNNY. I wore that dress today and am posting on it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am the minimalist sister. Seriously, it's hilarious... I would suffocate with all that clothing- and you would think you went to hell if you inherited my closet. But I love you anyway. Love me back? btw- 3 places in Salem serve Stumptown, now!! Let's go!

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails