Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Red Pumps & Skinny Jeans

Headband: drug store
Sailor top: Gap
Knit blazer: thrifted
Jeans: Gap, "Forever Skinny"
Red pumps: Franco Sarto
It was quite a challenge to not wear more color today. I have been trying to experiment more with neutrals. Most people seem to have the opposite problem. The touch of red is the saving grace of this ensemble.

My friend Patty came over this morning with her three foster children. We made zucchini muffins and played in the park. Rather, the kids played in the park and Patty and I lounged in the sun. It is sunny, cool, and windy today. I mentioned to Patty that it was a Perfect Day and she responded correctly that the only thing that could improve it would be the scent of field burning. Mmm...

Have a lovely day!

8 comments:

  1. I've always wanted some red pumps...but the color scares me!! :/

    norma

    norma-inthisworld.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new font for the posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @priest's wife- Oh Good! I hope it doesn't seem to cold. I want my blog to have a friendly vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit screams classic (with just a smudge of vixen) so hurrah for that!
    I just returned from the store where I bought two clearance shirts - one b&w one tan&ivory stripes this was a HUGE step for me cuz I never go neutral. That being said skinny jeans scare me - how you're pulling them ff is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! Thanks for the comment on mine :)

    Amanda
    isanotherstreasure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look good in everything trust me , and i love to look at each and every outfit u put together , so inspiring and so pretty

    i hope you dont mind i linked u up in my post :)

    good things are meant to be shared

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost bought that same blouse at GAP today! Seeing it on you makes me wish I hadn't been so cheap and had actually sprung for it since you look super chic; it was only $13 on clearance, but when you're used to thrifting shirts for $2 even that is a lot of money ;)

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails