Thursday, October 28, 2010

Polka on a Bicycle

Beanie: thrifted (is that gross?)
Cardigan: Target
Glasses: Calvin Klein
Necklace: American Eagle
Dress: Gap
Tights: Courtesy of We Love Colors
Sandals: Dolce Vita 'Pela'
Bike: Electra, gift from Gap
Meet Petunia! She's a one-speed Electra with argyle fenders and an orange/pink/red leather seat. I love her. A couple years ago, Gap had her in the back room as a part of an advertising campaign that we never did. (Oh, Gap.) She was so sad just sitting there all alone with her handlebars on backwards-- I had to have her. My wonderful boss must have known this, because she just gave Petunia to me after the holidays! Darin fixed the handlebars and Petunia and I have been pals ever since. I ride her to work (almost) every morning, helmetless, so I need to purchase a red helmet pretty soon. My mom is probably reading this and having a conniption.

Did you notice that I didn't retire the Dolce Vitas like I said was going to? I just had to get one more wear out of them. Oh, and I had to share my song of the day. I've been listening to this song on repeat for a good while now. So good. Press play, you won't regret it. I think the Oregon rain may be getting to me.



Have a beautiful day!

12 comments:

  1. This is your conniption fitter. Be careful of the intersection by the fountain, for me.
    Right now Julie Andrews and Maria Von Trapp are singing Adelweiss. Heaven...I taped it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the title of this post! And I really adore the outfit and the photos. The first one is my favorite!

    Best wishes,

    ~Zabrinah

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love Adele's music! and the polka dots look pretty good too. keep up the great outfits!! they are all very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmygosh! i love your bike!!!! and for freeee?! that's awesome! do you know how $$$ they are? very! i looked into buying one last year. so lucky :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh...these photos are awesome. I am jealous of your bike...so cool for your boss to give it to you and so cool that you ride it to work. I love that. Makes me wish I didn't commute so far to my job. You look darling of course:-) and that hat is adorable on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, that polka dot cardigan is great! I think I have the same one in gray. hehe

    That bicycle is the best. thing. ever. I. am. jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE these photos! I was going to do a me on a bike photoshoot this summer, but...um...I never did! Hopefully I'll get to it next spring or summer, because it's too chilly here now.

    Your sweater and necklace are the best things everrrrr.

    Have a great weekend m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOOOOOOVE polkadots! :)
    love these pictures.
    i honestly am not talented enough to ride a bike and look at a camera!! hahaha..
    you look beautiful.
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  9. that bike, im in love.
    im looking for a new bike, well an old one to be new for me. but nothing will ever be good enough now..
    www.lollie-likes.blogspot.com
    ill follow if you return the favour!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1-It's not gross, the beanie is cute :)
    2- The whole look is cute and so is the bike;
    3- Why retire the sandals?

    Have a lovely weekend :)

    Jungle World Citizen

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh,gorgeous bike you have there. i'm loving this outfit too. The polkadot looks great and your sandals too, i don't think you should retire it so soon. i also thrifted hats and i don't it's gross at all.. well, as long as they don't smell hihihi.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely awesome photos, and Adele totally rocks my world.

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails