Saturday, October 16, 2010

Product Review: We Love Colors

If you've been following my blog for a while now, you must know by now that I love colored legwear. A good pair of colored tights adds that extra zip to any outfit, like a good dijon mustard. Or salt. I had heard of We Love Colors from other blogs before, but I hadn't purchased from them. I was happy perusing the racks at TJ Maxx and Marshall's... but it was always hit or miss. Well, color me converted.

We Love Colors boasts 51 colors of 'made in the USA' tights, socks, leggings, shoelaces, and gloves. I am also impressed that they also sell all colors to plus-sized girls, men, and children! I will definitely be stocking up when Roey gets wee older... and will probably get a pair for Darin's Halloween costume! (I don't know if all of their products are made in the USA, but the ones I received were.)

The wonderfully efficient Heather of We Love Colors generously sent me a couple pairs of sock and microfiber tights to try and review. Upon reception, I was immediately impressed by the saturation of the color of the rubine and navy tights. The texture of the socks and tights are nice and stretchy, and very soft to the touch as well. With each order, they send along a color and product guide, which I found helpful since my computer monitor skews the color a bit.
Rust-colored nylon socks
Okay, maybe most of you don't care about this, but I am a bit... ahem... inept when it comes to knowing which way to put on tights. I was very pleased to note that the We Love Colors tights comes with a tag to tell me which way to put them on.
The nylon socks are supremely soft. So soft that I was worried about washing them, but they did so great that I gave them a high five. They scrunch perfectly and are my new go-to socks when I want to rock the controversial socks-with-shoes phenomenon. Here they are in maize and mint green:
The microfiber tights astounded me, actually. I have had a lot of tights from Hot Sox, Gap, Hue, Foot Traffic, and ambiguous brands. (I will never spend more than $13 on a pair of tights. That's just how I am.) The We Love Colors tights are the most comfortable and secure pair I own. I didn't have to allot any time hiking them up in secret only to discover a passerby/bearded man is behind me. (No, this never happened. Why do you ask?) At first I thought the tights had more sheen than I normally like, but after wearing them for over a week and taking numerous photos, I can attest to the fact that they are not shiny. They are simply highly saturated colored tights with a truly wonderful opaque quality. Nice and thick, too. Sidenote: I need to replace all the lightbulbs in my home. They are most unflattering for all involved.
Navy and Rubine
I think the colors tend to be a tad lighter and brighter than the We Love Colors color guide shows you. Just keep that in mind when ordering and you'll be fine. I want the dusty green tights next!

What's your favorite color?
How do you feel about colored tights?

22 comments:

  1. I've heard so many amazing things about this brand. Everyone is impressed with the quality and selection.

    I'm all for colored tights! I love pops of color, like blue and purple in a neutral outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited you did this because it makes me more confident in the fairly large order I just placed. I've never purchased their tights before but I decided to give it a go, since they have colors I've never found anywhere else! Now I can't wait for them to get here!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i think its time for me to venture into this instead of wearing plain boring black ones

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Michal, if you have any problems whatsoever their customer service is incredible! You must post what you bought!
    @vampire- you have the legs for it girl, do it!
    @Beth, yes, they seem to have taken over the blogosphere! Blogosphere... does anyone say that anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get some they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really timely! I've been thinking about ordering some tights from We Love Colors, but I've had trouble making up my mind. Hah, I guess I will definitely be making an order now! (And yes, I think its wonderful that they make all the colors accessible to such a wider range of sizes as well... not that I have trouble with sizing available in the stores ;) ). And I totally love colorful tights and how they can really add to an outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm drooling. Literally. I used to hate colored tights (I only wore black), but I am a complete convert now. I'm off to do an order right now! I love the blue tights you are wearing in one of the pictures, and the mint green socks. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Echo and Matt, please let me know how your tights work out for you! I would love to know what you ordered. Make sure to order the nylon/lycra microfiber tights for the best quality!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love those socks! will be purchasing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tights come with a tag to tell me which way to put them on? Oh that's pretty amazing. It's a pity that I'm living in Germany! Otherwise I would order a ton of beautiful tights! xx, Alice :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Alice- shipping to Europe is $15! I know that sounds a little spendy, but it may be worth it depending on your order volume!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing! I love it!

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    Kisses
    minnja

    ReplyDelete
  13. I ordered the nylon/lycra tights in navy and rubine (your two colors) and the socks in orange and mint green. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I ended up ordering plus size tights in gold and spruce green, and then I ordered white thigh highs and knee highs for Halloween costume purposes(sometimes one-size-fits-all thigh highs end up being knee highs for me, so I thought I would go ahead try both!).

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! I do love tights! The colour selection looks amazing! and I know exactly what you mean getting busted pulling up your tights. ALWAYS happens to me! So embaressing! Love your blog :D first time visitor and i'll definately be back!

    Ayesha

    ReplyDelete
  16. hehe - this made me laugh because I'm the same way about which way to put on tights. The only way I can tell is after they get all worn and crusty and the feet could stand on their own. Gross, I know.

    I love your blog. You are too cute! Thanks for being such a great commenter on BCC!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ugh I need to buckle down and buy some of these finally. I keep hearing how great these tights are, and mine are always too thin and get ripped so fast. Must try We Love Colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am dying for some plum colored tights! I love We Love Colors...very durable and mine have lasted much longer than my Target ones.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love coloured tights with all my heart, and all of mine were sadly left with my sister. These look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh, jealous. I don't have any fun tights to wear this winter. That is on my list, for you. Those look great.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  21. Okay, so I've worn my new tights and my new socks and I LOVE THEM! They are so comfortable! I have so many other colors I want to order, but I need more skirts to wear with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I dig coloured tights with a burning affection. I also have troubles understanding which way is front (I always hope that my foot left enough of an impression for me to tell the next time!). The other good thing about WLC is that they don't give you Granny Knees. I had a couple of pairs for over a year and they still haven't lost their stretch and become saggy around the knees.
    I may indeed have to indulge on the shipping sale... Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails