Friday, October 8, 2010

Punkin Head

Dress: Vintage via adVintageous
Tights: Gap
Bag: Thrifted
Oxford heels: Nine West 'Kimball'
Hello esteemed readers! I hope your Friday is going splendidly! I have a lapful of cat and a tummy full of butternut squash and hot chocolate, so I am a pretty happy girl right now. Oregon has been so beautiful this fall. I actually teared up while I was driving my old Honda through the gorgeous back hills yesterday. Sometimes beauty is just too much for me. Autumn, I love you so!

Now let's get down to business. The only way I feel comfortable and non-indulgent in that sailor dress is to pair it with bright, non-matching hosiery. With anything else, I feel like I'm wearing a costume. The almost nonsensical pop of primary color states, "Yes, I am wearing this on purpose."

Actually, I did wear this dress to a friend's "Night on the Titanic" costume/cocktail party last year. I arrived at the door with glittering icy face paint, knife in hand, and girlishly whispered to the slew of (normally dressed) people who answered the door, "I'm cold." I pretended I was a young girl who was murdered by her stepfather on the night the Titanic sunk. Don't worry, it was fictional and I'm weird.

Have a wonderful Friday!

14 comments:

  1. I love the outfit! I do the same with non-matching hoisery!

    I found your blog via nonas award list btw, and i'm now following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so cute. i love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! You Outfit is stunning! I adore your dress. xx, Alice from bells and whistles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seriously have the most adorable style...I love how you can put together colors from every different part of the rainbow and make them work! I really love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a really fun story louise, I could not imagine this dress as a costume, but the look on those people's faces who answered the door must have been priceless.

    Personally I think this is an absolutely gorgeous dress. In fact I came here from weardrobe where I regularly see your photos. You have some really pretty dresses.

    I'd love for us to stay in touch. How would you feel about following and/ or doing a link exchange with my blog? I'd be more than happy to return the favor. :)

    Love from Toronto, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha- such a cool party idea!!! And I love that dress!!

    -Weezy

    http://beautysimplistic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jealous of Oregon weather and leaves changing....at least I can cook up some butternut squash! YUMMMMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pop of red on your dress and of course, the collar is amazing! :)

    xx
    MILK TEETHS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to go get some yellow tights..you look adorable. thanks for keeping it real..love your blog..and your originality.

    XO Sweetie aka Lisa

    sweetiesvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha that first picture is great! I also tend to get teary eyed when I drive though beautiful parts of PA. It reminds me of how awesome creation is. So beautiful!

    Ps - I like that idea for a costume! No one else would be that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AAAH this outfit IS SO WONDERFUL. I really wish that dress was mine.

    x
    michal

    ReplyDelete
  12. now that you've brought it up, you need to reenact that and show it to everyone... maybe for a Halloween post? i totally remember how freaky you looked!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't butternut squash delicious! Great outfit. Absolutely looks fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this look !
    The colors are beautiful (i'm a fan of the yellow of your tights) and i really love your shoes !

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails