Saturday, November 6, 2010

Foggy Day In London Town

Beret, Cardigan: Gap
Earrings: American Eagle
80s Romper: thrifted
Tights: Hue
Boots: Frye 'Sunny' via Ebay
A foggy day in London Town
Had me low and had me down
I viewed the morning with alarm
The British Museum had lost its charm
How long, I wondered, could this thing last?
But the age of miracles hadn't passed,
For, suddenly, I saw you there
And through foggy London Town
The sun was shining everywhere.
-George & Ira Gershwin

I'm nowhere near London, but I'll take any excuse to quote a Gershwin song. And I am wearing my romper again! I don't think Gershwin wrote a song about round girls in rompers, but he should have. What a waste.

I loved my outfit so much that I didn't even think to change it before giving my first prep-talk to the college girls using the youth center tonight. I didn't feel the least bit self-conscious speaking or giving tours, so two points for the romper! I am glad that I am not treating it like a novelty piece; it lived in my closet for so long before I wore it and the poor thing deserves some wear.

Also, I am not participating in Kendi's 30 for 30 challenge and I feel guilty about it. My blog is so new that I want to familiarize my readers with my entire closet and mad sock skills. Maybe next time though!

22 comments:

  1. You look adorable.I like how the cardi and the boots match

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit!! That romper is the cutest thing ever - ME WANT. It fits you so nicely, and those boots are wicked cool. That cardigan is the perfect color too! Love Love Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute hat! I like how the boots bring together the whole outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous boots, dress and cardigan- in fact the styling on the whole is perfect .

    do feel free to check out/ follow 'betsie' at:

    www.ohbetsie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so beautiful.... thanks for sharing:)))))

    Love
    minnja

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um...I love it! I thrifted a polka dot 80's romper a while back too!! It's a longer one also, so I feel much more comfy in it than all of the skimpy rompers which are so popular now-you've made me want to steal your look now! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your romper is cute. :) I really like your red boots. :) I went out searching for new boots today and ended up getting distracted by black pumps... Oh well. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Foggy days make the best photos! And those boots really pop against this gray background. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I just love these foggy photos. Your outfits always make me smile - so pretty:) I'm giving tours and pep talks to 8th graders at the school at work at in a few weeks...haha should be interesting. The red boots w/ the romper - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving the red boots and the fog!


    "Cutrone's gone MENTAL" at CESTDEMODE.blogspot.com


    TAPS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh! This is such a super cute look, forreal! I love the colors. The red is the perfect pop andandnand that camel color cardigan.. I need it. :D

    Fog is so much fun, yes! But I usually don't wake up early enough to catch it in picture, so props to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look stunning ! I love the dress <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look stunning ! I love the dress <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your out fit is just lovely!
    Ohmygosh isn't fog just wonderful? I love a good fog :)
    xoxo
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  15. always adore pops of red, nice choice!

    jess s//LadyFLASHBACK.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh girl, don't feel guilty about not participating. Just think of it this way- you can borrow stuff from my closet that I can't wear for the next 30 days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look so cute! and your blog name is too perfect! so excited to have found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that you've been able to wear a romper right on into Fall! Gorgeous boots

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those boots are sooo dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a FANTASTIC outfit, Lou. I want all of it. Especially the red booties!

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails