Friday, November 19, 2010

My Revolution

Scarf as shawl: Borrowed from Suze
Faux fur headband: Kmart (shudder)
Cardigan: Target
Tee, skirt: Gap
Rubine tights: c/o We Love Colors
Booties: Seychelles 'Spectacle'
Isn't Suze's French Revolution-ish scarf cool? I love purple and red together. Today is a defining moment in my life... I am going to the coast to chaperon my youth group... without Darin and Rowena. Not fifteen minutes ago, I was told that Darin cannot go because his out-of-state background check isn't finished processing. (No worries there, mine took over a month!!) He is also feeling under the weather, so it's probably for the best. Here's the kicker...I have never been away from Rowena for over twelve hours. I keep thinking, what if she wakes up in the middle of the night and wants me? What if she gets sick? What if she thinks I abandoned her? (Oh, here come the tears.) To be honest, I am not really worried about her; I am more worried about myself. I'll miss her so much. I am not in the least worried that Darin can't handle it, as he is the best father in the world to Roey. They're as thick as thieves, those two! Plus, my parents are nearby, as is my brother, sister, and their respective families. Whew! I feel so much better after writing this down!

Now, about my outfit. This is what I will be wearing as I drive those rascals to the coast. For the trip, I will switch my high-heeled booties to the boots I wore yesterday. (PS- if you want them, shoes are buy one get one 50% off at Target.com! Click on the widget to the left if you want a closer look-- and make me a few pennies in the progress.) All in all, I am so excited to go to the beach and to get to know the wonderful kids better. I'll make sure to get some good photos. See you Monday! I hope your weekend is full of beauty too.

12 comments:

  1. have a great time! I'm sure it will be a great daughter-daddy time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous outfit post! You look adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO pretty. I love everything. That scarf is awesome! Have fun on the coast! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I give you major kudos - my hubby and I used to be youth leaders (well he was mainly, I just helped) and I don't think I ever went anywhere far without him. It's not an easy thing - but very rewarding, I'm sure. Have a blast:)
    Again, you look stunning as always. I've worn many headbands, but none as sweet as what you have on. Gorgeous! And I adore the scarf/shawl - it's lovely w/ the polka dot cardi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw how cute you are! I can understand that it must be hard to be away from your Rowena. I hope you have a fun time and don't miss her too much so you can't have fun with the kids. Can't wait to see the beach photos :)

    Btw I love the colour of your tights, it's sooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! :) Love them shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you got so lucky at kmart! that is an awesome headband, and gorgeous shoes <3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey gorgeous lady! I hope the youth group trip is going well. You should head over to Amanda's blog (Upside of Wonder)... She's going to do a post for "We Love Colors" and post up pictures of other bloggers wearing their tights. You should send her some of your pictures!

    x
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. AW! I love that you look so happy in these pictures. It's infectious :)

    The polka dots are just so sweet, too. You're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw, good luck! separation sucks...but she'll be so happy to see you when you get home!!! have a nice little trip! :)

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails