Thursday, November 11, 2010

Resistance is Futile

Hi, I'm Louise. I run this wee fashion blog. I am late to the party.

I just discovered ASOS, you guys! It's awesome. I stopped by the website months ago and found it clunky to navigate, so I went away. I went back a few nights ago to look for a lace dress. I simply typed "lace dress" in the search box, sorted the price from low to high ('cuz that's how I roll), and found this beauty:She was 80% off and has a pearl collar. I don't usually go for pink, but I liked the freshness of this. I plan on pairing it with dark tights and boots... we'll see. I also found the maxi-dress that I was admiring on Anna! It was a wonderful price, so I got it as well. Don't worry, I have her blessing. The great thing about ASOS is that they have free shipping, both ways. I can easily return these if they don't work out. I am also excited to know that they have maternity and children clothing, too! (Just for future reference.) Have you ever ordered from ASOS? What's your experience?

12 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome to the ASOS fan club! I seriously am in LOVE with the ASOS site - have you ordered anything from there yet? I have yet to - just because I am unsure of the sizing, hmph.

    Stumbled upon your blog tonight - your style is sooo cute! I am a new follower! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    XOXO,
    style activist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, the first dress is lovely, but isn't the second one a little 'old mother Hubbard'?
    Love the fabric but just the cut and style.
    x jenna
    follow me ;)
    jennamaee-kipling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, is that site not the best? I love it so much. They've got such a great price range of items, too, and their sales..!! I discovered it a while ago, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have browsed but not bought...but I have been tempted, several times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of ASOS, but the dresses are sure pretty. There is that bohemian free feeling about them that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm addicted to asos. I esp love the outlet bit, you can find so many lovely things x hivennn. enter my giveaway? six whole miss patina dresses to giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really like the pink lace dress! It's so pretty. I just found your blog and i really like it, im following you now too!!

    please follow me too??!!

    marja<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first dress is so lovely, and the second is cute too, I loved it on Anna, so I'm sure it will look fabulous on you too.

    I shop quite a bit in the Curve range, which is usually so awesome, but lately their sizing has been really strange and shipping times are terrible for a lot of people. But they did just start offering tracked shipping for the US so hopefully that helps! Not for us Canadians though :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh no, i hope i don't look like old mother hubbard in that dress! i was going for chic mother hubbard ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Anna, Absolutely not! I think the leather jacket and boots make it chic. You know how much I love the old-ladiness of things! I plan on wearing it with crazy wedges or sumpin.

    @Elizabeth, I hope that shipping is okay, too! Hopefully you Canadians can get tracked shipping as well! Thanks for the input on their curve collection. Thank God for free return shipping! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! That lace dress is just incredible!! I haven't ordered from ASOS yet but I just really took the time to check it out a couple of weeks ago. I can definitely see myself getting stuff from there, as soon as I allow myself to start spending again! D:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't feel bad, I've looked at asos, but never actually made a purchase.
    I think your lace dress was a good one though -- I can completely imagine it with grey knit tights and booties... Can't wait to see it!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails