Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanks, Dad

Dear Papsky,

Thank you for supporting our family through all these years. If anyone deserves a happy retirement, it's you. You've shown me the honor of sacrifice and hard work. I hope and pray that the rest of your life is full of all the joy, relaxation, British television, steak & blue cheese, house-painting per Mom's instruction, and pranks-a-la-me that you can handle!
In other words, I hope to see you look like this:And not like this, ya weird bugger:
Oh, and remember Wanda from the lobby area at your former place of employment? You know, that lady we didn't exactly welcome and frequently poked fun at. She has a special deeply-shallow poem for you written on her chest:
Give us T.S. Eliot anytime.

I love you, Dad!

4 comments:

  1. This is so sweet & funny at the same time. Happy retirement to your Dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your Dad!! hope he and your Mum don't drive each other too crazy. : )and i mean that with lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy retirement to your Pops!

    P.S. Wanda is kind of ew isn't she? And what is that poem?! The contours of her unyielding stone bosom are making it impossible for me to read (who in heavens name thought of using a statue's chest as a tabula upon which to etch a poem? Is it somehow ironical? Now I can't stop picturing Kitty from Arrested Development going "Spring break! Wooooo! Up here, Michael. Up here."

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails