Thursday, November 11, 2010

There is Another Sky

Dress: Tucker for Target
Cardigan: Urban Outfitters
Headband: c/o MoniRose
Necklace, tights: Gap
Purse: thrifted
Boots: Frye via Craigslist
Veteran's Day is shaping up to be a great one! My brother's lovely family visited us this morning, Fryes are on my feet, phone chat with pal Patty, sister-in-law and I went house hunting (for her, not me), Mexican food is on the agenda, the day is sunny, and Darin and I are going to watch Mystery Science Theater 3000 tonight. I also can't get this poem out of my head:

There is another sky,
Ever serene and fair,
And there is another sunshine,
Though it be darkness there;
Never mind faded forests, Austin,
Never mind silent fields -
Here is a little forest,
Whose leaf is ever green;
Here is a brighter garden,
Where not a frost has been;
In its unfading flowers
I hear the bright bee hum:
Prithee, my brother,
Into my garden come!
-Emily Dickinson

15 comments:

  1. Really lovely outfit hun! I love all of the little details, like your scarf, tights and beautiful bag! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The third picture? Of the necklace and the back of the dress? SO beautiful. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poem. Those Frye boots and that purse are wonderful. I love the chocolate-y brown leather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that blue cardigan & your little brown purse! I just found your blog through wardrobe remix. I am now following your cute blog. Such a fashion inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a sweater vest with the cut (from target) I think it's 'in.' wait- that means....I'm IN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the tie for that necklace is so unique and pretty! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh! Your outfit has such lovely colors in it! Brown and baby blue are so pretty together. I'm digging your scarf and tights. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. The moment I saw those boots, I was like Frye!!! Cute cute outfit post pretty girl.

    love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You bring sunshine to my dull broccoli ranch evening. The fleur you wear upon your head is superb and your boots are things of beauty.

    Prithee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo I love everything! The dress, that awesome cardigan, the amazing bag, the fabulous boots, and the lovely poem. (: You're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to comment on every post :)
    so cool :) awesome cardi today

    x jenna

    jennamaree-kipling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely poem:) Your hair looks adorable and I just love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a new one to this English major. Maybe the personal nature of it prevented its widespread appeal, but it's way beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails