Monday, December 13, 2010

Fiesta then Siesta

Mexican dress: Vintage
Belt: Thrifted
Poncho: Gap
Clogs: Seychelles (birthday gift from parents)
Remember my top secret meeting a few weeks back? My brother, sister, Mom, and I planned a surprise retirement party for my dad! It went off without a hitch and he was completely clueless. Surprise, Pops! We had a picture slideshow, his dearest rock and blues music playing, and his favorite food piled on the table. I also wore my Mexican dress not only for comfort, but also because my dad has a great affection for the Mexican culture. He plays Hispanic music so loud on his truck radio and gets the strangest looks. Oh, Dad. I am planning on hemming the dress right up to the row of flowers. It will look much prettier that way, as well as easier to move in. Consider this my 'before' picture.
I love going to my parents' home. It's so clean and cozy all the time. Something for me to aspire to! Good luck on your retirement, Dad! Don't screw the pooch.

15 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see it after it's been hemmed. And that poncho looks so cozy!


    LindseySoup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that dress is to die for! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see that lovely dress hemmed! And those shoes are insanely gorgeous, the color/heel/straps are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think that dress will look great tacked up a few inches! hope it was a lovely party :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is just beautiful but I can imagine it'll be even greater hemmed :) Your poncho is cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable embroidery, you look really pretty!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful dress! i agree, it will look much better taken up a little - show off those great legs, mama! can't wait to see the finished product! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh that cape is so beautiful! And the embroidery on your dress is simply stunning! You look amazing!

    xo
    Sands

    ReplyDelete
  9. the color of the poncho looks amazing with your skin tone

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lyela says "that is Youeez and she has a pretty cute dress" We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that dress is so beautiful!
    lovely lovely colours and those little flowers <3
    that poncho is so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, that dress! The embroidery is so pretty. Your poncho looks so cozy, especially with those big pockets on the front :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two words: Those shoes! Enough said.

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails