Thursday, December 9, 2010

Goldifrocks

Snood: Ebay
Cardigan: Gap
Cami: Shade
Dress: Rodarte for Target
Tights: Hue
Shoes: Thrifted
At work today I led a service retreat! We had a group of highschoolers visit the youth center (before they participated in local service projects) to hear a marvelous talk led by the master trained of Mt. Angel Developmental Programs. I was completely moved and teary by the end of his speech. Did you know that the Nazis' first test subjects in the gas chambers were those with developmental disabilities? Or that in ancient times it was a social responsibility to murder your own child if they were disabled? I don't know about you, but that information astounded me. I feel so fortunate to have Mt. Angel Developmental Programs in my community. I love chatting with the residents as I walk Rowena to the library. I love how they come to church thirty minutes early just to hear the music practice. I love how one man hugs the police officers when they pass the building!

I know this is primarily a fashion blog, but I wanted to share more of my day and Mount Angel with you. Now about this Dressember 9th outfit: Olive and mustard/gold is such a great combination, don't you think? My only pair of olive tights has a gaping tear, so I went with the burgundy today. Methinks this is one of my favorite outfits. It's a little Christmassy without being over-the-top Mrs. Claus. Speaking of Christmas:

A snood, a snood, my kingdom for a cream-colored snood!
Seriously, I want one so badly.
Have a lovely day, everyone!

23 comments:

  1. I love these colours together: the bright dress and tights paired with the earthy colours of your cardi and cowl - great look :)

    Sounds like one exciting day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um... You look fantastic! I remember seeing this dress in Target, too. Seriously though, you have better felt stellar all day because you are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is my very favorite dress that you own!! You look really good!!

    Oh, and I love that the town is dressed up behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hands down. favorite outfit/dress.
    the yellow & tulle is perfect.
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a cream-colored snood too!

    And yes, I am LOVING the colors in this outfit. I love rich reds, greens, and golds together. So nommy. You look gorgeous and always, not even fair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, that information is dreadful :( I never knew this either! love the outfit you chose though. your color mixing is so spot-on!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you look so lovely! I love the red and yellow together, and that cardigan looks so cute and cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dress is AMAZING- my absolute faaaavorite color!! You look so pretty. I love everything you paired together and those shoes are darling. (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the rodarte dresses! i love anything with tulle. i just snagged two similar style dresses on the target clearance rack for $5 a piece! hoping to surprise my husband with one on our anniversary trip this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would've never put these colors together but they totally work on you! Love the scarf/snood? WHat's a snood?

    jiye
    pearlsandgreentea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that dress color on you. And I love that close up shot of you today...too adorable!
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  12. i adore this i adore this i adore this!
    those. colours. <3
    makes me want to play around more with the colours in my wardrobe! im so blah. always doing the grey-black palette. that dress is lovely, i wish i had bought some items from the rodarte for target line ):

    thats so great that you led a service retreat...some people really need to hear about these things. so heartbreaking and moving. ):

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving this look. The red tights are perfect with that gold dress.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that dress on you! You look so adorable!


    Marja <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eep! This color combination is so incredibly lovely. And those thrifted shoesies? Cuuuute!

    I was unaware of that information, as well. You're so right: astounding. I think it's great that the talk was geared toward highschoolers. They seem to grow increasingly disinterested in knowledge that should be preserved. I hope it moved them as much as it did you.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is one of my favorite outfits on you, too! I LOVE that dress so, so much - especially with tights and that incredible snood! Ah, love...

    ReplyDelete
  17. super gorgeous colors!!! love it so much. and the scarf is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the colour (yes, that is spelt correctly) combination of the golden yellow and the red stockings. sounds like you had a good day :) enjoy your weekend
    x jenna
    http://croquislife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Again, you've created a beautiful color palette. This outfit is right up my alley - completely love everything here. That's very cool that you get to lead retreats like that. It's so incredibly sad to hear about some of that horrible stuff that happened in history - heartbreaking. It's great thought that they have programs like that for high schoolers though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love your combination of bright colours and neutrals :]]
    i am one of your newest followers :]]

    Charlotte xxx

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails