Thursday, December 16, 2010

Short on Style

Beret, tee, hoodie: Gap
Tights: We Love Colors
Scarf: gift from Michal
Shorts: Urban Outfitters
Boots Frye via Craigslist
I know it's Dressember, but it's unrealistic for me to ride my bike to work in a dress sometimes. I'm not cheating; Lately, I have been wearing my casual duds to work and then changing into a dress when I get home. It worked out that today I photographed my 'before' outfit. I almost didn't post these. Sorry about the lackluster pictures; tomorrow is another (better and more beautiful) day! I can feel it. I love changing into nicer clothes once I get home. It's kind of symbolic: my job is important to me, but my family comes first and they deserve my best. When Rowena was first born, I would clean the kitchen in my black pumps!

A note on this scarf that I won from North Country Girl's giveaway. Butterflies can be done badly. I mean really, really badly. You know what I am talking about: the 6th grade airbrushed, pastel trend that inevitably happens to the best of us. Does anyone remember those butterfly hair clips? Fortunately, this scarf has a rich watercolor quality that I love. I wore it right out of the box and promptly spilled tomato sauce on it. A hot water soaking later and it's back on my neck. It's definitely a new favorites. Reclaim the butterflies!

13 comments:

  1. I love that you used to clean your kitchen with black heels! I do that will homework and cleaning sometimes, too, just to motivate me to do my best. Glad I am not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me so happy that someone else dresses up to do housework or for me sometimes schoolwork! It is such a great motivator for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tights with shorts! That is one of my favorite things to see & wear :)

    Love the scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just did the shorts with tights look, and I got hooked! You look great! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your scarf, it's so pretty!

    Your outfit is so cute! It always looks so warm where you live. Where im at it's been below 20 for the past week and i dont even have a winter coat yet so it's been tough!!

    Cant wait to see what your wearing tomorrow!!!

    Marja <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, those high-waisted khaki shorts are so cute! And that butterfly scarf too!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you layering. Wish I were wearing this right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lmao, reclaim the butterflies! I totally had some of those butterfly clips. AWFUL. But so cool at the time.

    I don't care that it's dressember, you're rocking those shorts and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wouldn't call these photos lackluster. You can't go wrong with shorts, tights and a pair of Frye boots :)

    P.S. Looooved that green Tulle dress from your last outfit post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to admit, I opened this page and thought I busted you "It's Dressember...she's cheating!" But I completely understand the need for practicality. So I won't turn you in to the Dressember authorities. (Are you your own authority?).
    Also, you are wearing the tights and shorts look so well!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails