Friday, December 3, 2010

Singing for my Supper

So, you wanna hear what I did tonight? I led Christmas carols at the Silverton Christmas tree lighting party! It was exhilarating, cold, nerve-wracking, fun... and I am so glad it's over. I didn't even stay for the lighting of the Christmas tree. I hopped in my car and went to the market to pick up some black pepper Triscuits, and drove home as quickly as the speed limit let me. I couldn't wait to come home to a warm house and my nice little family. (Ro was sleeping so Darin couldn't make it to the caroling.)

The songs I sang:
Joyful, Joyful (a little gospel music to start)
O Come All Ye Faithful (a good follow-up)
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (for the kids)
Frosty the Snow Man (ditto)
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (shameless Judy Garland plug)
The Christmas Song (my favorite Christmas song to sing- I jazz it up a little)

The view from the stage as the crowd gathers:
I sang in the stage/truck- you can barely see the microphones.
Beret: Gap
Cowl scarf: gift from Brooke Ann
Dress, turtleneck: Gap
Tights: Sock Dreams
T-strap shoes: Seychelles 'Duchess'
Camel hair coat: thrifted
I was so happy to see this in the sky today!
Have an awesome weekend.

14 comments:

  1. It's almost like being there. Wish I was. Your songs were a great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo i didn't know you could sing! Cool! Sound like a lot of fun. (: Love your scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stunning !!!

    Kisses
    minnja
    xoxo

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty darn awesome...though I would have been soooo nervous. I wish our town had a formal Christmas tree lighting. I love your outfit...that's a great coat. Have a lovely Saturday:) xx Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Louise! I love that you led the city in carols! How magical! I don't blame you for being nervous!

    Love your coat and ensemble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice set list! My girls are going to do some hospital singing- we basically need 3 set lists of 3 songs apiece- any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, that's awesome. Wish we could here your singing voice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know you were a singer! How fun!

    By the way, I mentioned your blog on my blog! Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun blog post! Love the photo! Oh, and you're wearing those pretty shoes I like so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. What an honor. I would have been shaking in my t-strap shoes. I'm sure you were a pro, though. What fun!
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like great fun. merry christmas!
    <3mode.
    http://modestylist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Louise! You mean, you were solo-leading up there for that crowd? Yea! I am so impressed with and proud of you! Fellow readers who have not thus far had the pleasure, Miss Louise has a GORGEOUS voice with a deliciously full quality like those talented singers so popular in the 30s and 40s. AND she has a lovely and intensely likeable stage presence. I wish I could have been there, Weez. I miss your singing.

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails