Monday, December 20, 2010

The Valentines of Alice Finke

At the last antique show I attended, a shabby shoebox of old valentines came into my possession. Quite possible the best dollar I ever spent. I enjoy sitting at my vanity, poring over Alice's valentines and wondering about who she was. I also procured her scrapbook! It was worth spending a whole extra dollar! Mondays are hereby Valentine's Days at Coffee & a Cardigan, sans Spongebob and the words 'made in China.'
Alice Finke, from Mildred Gerber, 1925
Printed in Germany.

10 comments:

  1. Awesome idea. I love personal history. Looking forward to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! So beautiful! Not knowing who she is makes it even more romantic. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a genius find!?! omg. ah-mazing.

    http://laurenlanzaosias.blogspot.com
    happy drunken christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so neat! I love things like that. It's like stepping back in time. :)

    :o)Sarah
    restlessromantic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love things like this! And I love how handwriting from that time was always so spidery. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! I wonder who these people were.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's truly amazing what a dollar can get you! And something so personal and sweet unlike the junk that's available in actual dollar stores, hehe. Vintage cards are some of my very favorite things. It will be great to see what else was in that box you procured!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this!! this kind of thing is my favorite part of estate sales!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, how lovely. What a beautiful find <3

    x

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails