Monday, January 3, 2011

Come Back, Christmas

Beret, Coat: Gap
Cable Turtleneck: Hand-me-down
Dress: Tulle
Tights: c/o We Love Colors
Socks: Sock Dreams
Moccasin boots: Minnetonka

Allow me to be melancholic for a single post: I always get sad at the beginning of a new year. No more holidays, no more parties, just a long winter ahead of me. I feel like Narnia's White Witch is mocking me: "Always winter, but never Christmas." Winters in western Oregon are incredibly dark and rainy with minimal snowfall. I am praying for one huge snowstorm to lift up my spirits! Please tell me: what do you do to fight the winter blues? Daily exercise? Meditation? Drive-by moonings?

I hope you had a lovely New Year's Eve!
This year, I resolve to manage my time more wisely. I think I will start blogging in the mornings so I can set aside my entire evening for time with Darin. It's too easy to waste time on the internet! I'm off to bake some spicy-lemon lentils-- a perfect dish to ward off those winter demons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails