Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's Always Fair-Isle Weather

Beret, Sweater: Forever 21
Tee, Skirt, Gap
Tights: Sock Dreams
Earrings: American Eagle
Boots: LL Bean, ebayed by Darin for Christmas
Even though it was 35 degrees today, the sun was brilliantly shining. Rowena and I took a drive through the hills and soaked in the serious beauty around us. I'm so ready for spring!

Story of the day: As you know, I'm a big fan of pranks. I got Darin some fake poo for his Christmas stocking, and it's gotten a workout since he received it! Yes, mostly by me, but whatever.

My boss at the youth center often recalls some rodent infestations the facility experienced a few years ago. As a result, we keep all sealed and unsealed food in big plastic bins. Dan is extremely (may I say overly?) diligent about keeping the place crumb-free.

I place the fake poo right by the copy machine in his office. I ask him, "Would you like me to take your trash out for you?" Dan responds enthusiastically, impressed by my go-getting demeanor. He walks right over to the trashcan which resides by the copy machine and stops dead in his tracks.

"Turd. That's a turd."
I shake with laughter behind him and can't utter a word.
"Holy crap, that's a turd."
I give an affirming squeak.
"I don't wanna pick it up!"
Dan stoops down and picks it up with the trash bag guarding his hands.
"Wait a second..."
He suddenly realizes it isn't from the biggest rat in the universe and turns around to look at me. I convulse in laughter and he joins in. I seriously love having a boss with a sense of humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails