Thursday, January 20, 2011

Milkman, Paperboy, Evening T.V.

Hat: Forever 21
Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters
Dress, scarf, cardigan: Gap
Tights: c/o We Love Colors in Hunter Green
Pumps: Bronx
Blow, blow, thou winter wind.
Thou art not so unkind
As man’s ingratitude;
Thy tooth is not so keen,
Because thou art not seen,
Although thy breath be rude.
Heigh-ho! sing, heigh-ho! unto the green holly:
Most friendship is feigning, most loving mere folly:
Then, heigh-ho, the holly!
This life is most jolly.
Freeze, freeze, thou bitter sky,
That dost not bite so nigh
As benefits forgot:
Though thou the waters warp,
Thy sting is not so sharp
As friend remember’d not.
-Shakespeare, As You Like It

Sometimes you need a little Billy Shakes in your life to break up the predictability of my bright-colored ensembles. Sometimes I feel that I lack sophistication in my wardrobe (after all, I'm a adult now, gag), but then I remember who I am. I'm Louise. I like hats, obnoxious colors, high shoes, kind people, Agatha Christie, taxidermy, singing, Narnia, swing sets, coffee, PC adventures games, and pranks. These things just won't change. I am so happy that adulthood (or parenthood, for that matter) is not synonymous with seriousness. I don't think I could handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails