Saturday, January 8, 2011

Shoes Are My Love Language

Headband, scarf: Forever 21
Tee, vest: Gap
Skirt: Zac Posen for Target
Tights: c/o We Love Colors (in rubine)
Wedge booties: Pour la Victoire 'Ida'
Lipstick: Revlon 'Cherries in the Snow'
Cat: Milton
So what do you think? I bought the shoes (used) online for 20% of their retail price; they have this futuristic vibe, yet classic enough to get me by for years. They're incredibly comfortable, too. I am looking forward to pairing them with floral dresses in spring.

I spent yesterday evening in Portland and did some window-shopping before meeting my pal Maggie at the Keller for Shen Yun. The Chinese dance performance reminded both of us of a recital, but there were some beautiful costumes and pieces. I felt so badly for the performers-- only 10% of the seats were occupied, and on opening night, too! We clapped a little louder than normal to make up for the difference. Maggie sent me home with some 'mix tapes,' and I can't tell you how nice it was to have some new music to listen to! I was getting tired of my 2004 acoustic mix.

It's nice to visit Portland once in a while, especially to peek through Meg's curtains in the middle of the night or steal Linda's garden gnomes. But I can't tell you how lovely it is to come home from the impersonal hustle and bustle. Even though I just moved away from the city in July, I'm here to stay. It suits me perfectly to live in a tiny and friendly farming community, yet be close enough to beautiful Portland if I want to visit. What's your pleasure? City, country, subarb, or swamp?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails