Friday, January 7, 2011

Square Footage

I joined Fashion Beauty Friend Friday! You can too.

1. Have you ever looked at someone's blog and thought yours will never measure up?


Oh my gosh, all the time. Some of the thoughts that have gone through my head:
"I'm a size ten, she's a two."
"Oh no-- I need to invest in that because it's in style and current!"
"Man, this layout is amazing. Mine isn't. DAAAAAARIN!"
After I think these insanely ridiculous thinkings, I move on.

2. Do you (did you) feel pressure to meet some kind of undefined standard for fashion bloggers?

Yes, which is why it took me a year to muster up the courage to actually start Coffee & a Cardigan. It really destroys self-confidence when you dwell on negativity and comparison.

3. Many established fashion bloggers are also extraordinary DIYers, bakers, and crafty people. Do you think you need to combine all of these things to be successful at blogging?

Nope! I'll leave DIY to the professionals, although I can dye a mean skirt. I like to post recipes occasionally, a song that I recorded, but I don't think the lack of these things will break a style blog. You are unique, just like everyone else.

4. The most successful blogs are the ones that have their own personal voice - how are you developing your voice or how did you find yours?

I usually consume a six-pack before writing a post. But seriously, I keep this C.S. Lewis quote in mind: "Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.’ ”

If I don't blog from my own voice, I could be missing out on valuable friends and allies.


5. Toot your own horn... what's one thing you do that is unique to you and your blog? What gives your blog an edge?

* I love combining vintage and modern trends. I don't let myself be defined by a certain 'style.'
* I am not here to show off my closet, but I want to showcase how one can create personal style with ordinary pieces.
*I was a size six not long ago, but I love my size ten body too. I am a proud mom, but this is NOT a mommy blog. (Thank heavens!)
*I want to record more music and share it with my readers. I'm also whack.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails