Friday, February 4, 2011

Indecent Exposure

Hat, scarf: Gap
Sweater: Ross
Skirt: Old Navy
Tights: Hue
Sandals: Target

Gah, this skirt is short! I picked it for my 30 for 30 , ignorant of how much it shrunk! Faugh on cheap unlined $4 corduroy skirts! I hope I didn't scandalize you too much... or completely blind you with my utter hotness. Without further ado, here are this week's FBFF questions!

1. With all the blogging events out there how do you determine which ones to participate in and which ones to avoid?

First, I decide if it's feasible. I don't want to stress myself out. Secondly, I ask myself if this will make me become a better person. I hear you snickering! Fashion is a very small (and optional) way to improve yourself, but I am a huge believer that you must take care of yourself in order to help others effectively. Personal style is just one of the ways that I do just that. Thirdly, it's nice if other people are participating with you. A little moral support goes a long way. It's also a great way to receive inspiration!

2. Be honest, have you ever jumped on the bandwagon of some blogging movement/event for the wrong reasons? How did that turn out?

I participated in Dressember and this is my first 30 for 30. I think my motives are pure, for the most part. I'm still plotting to steal Sartoriography's pants, though.

3. How do you give your own flair to a blog event while still maintaining the general mission and purpose?

It's impossible for me to do something without adding a massive dose of 'Louise.' Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and that's okay!

A practical way to add flair? Accessories. Whether it's colored tights, a vintage hat, or radish-shaped earrings, accessories add pizazz and individuality. (And they're cheaper than clothing!)

4. When determining the best content for your blog, what criterion do you keep in mind?

I try to be genuine, sincere, and honest in everything I do. (Wait, those three adjectives mean the same thing! Yay synonyms!) I also bank on the hope that you can relate to me, weirdness and all.

5. While everything will not suit your blog, how do you try and support your fellow bloggers who are participating in something worthwhile but not your style?

Sure! I tweet, comment when I can, and continue to ogle my favorite blogs. I didn't do that last 30 for 30, but I sure had a good time looking at others' sartorial concoctions!

Forgive me for including some Lil' Ro... I just couldn't resist!
TGIF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails