Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Apple Blossom Girl

Cardigan, skirt: Gap
Camisole: Shade
Scarf: Vintage
Necklace: thrifted
Tights: Hue
Clog sandals: Target
I needed a Louise Day, so I took one. I drove to Portland, picked up my favorite avocado-infested burrito, and went to my old stomping ground: The Washington Square Mall. Ah, I do miss working retail sometimes! I picked my own hours, had good coworkers, and I helped women feel prettier naked. (Yeah, I worked in the bra and panty department.) It's such a blessing that I left Gap with a good taste in my mouth. At the mall I picked up some perfume samples (Miss Dior Cherie and Chanel Chance) before I met up with an old Gap friend for coffee. I had so much fun window-shopping and not buying! It felt great to walk out of the mall without nothing but a Nordstrom ice water.

One thing that irks me: did you notice that the new female Gap mannequins are skinnier and taller? I swear, they've grown at least three inches and all the muscle tone is gone! I wonder what their decision-making process was when they decided to replace the old mannequins... I liked them just fine. I don't miss dressing them, however. It was difficult to dress them without touching their private bits, and I (founder of the support group Mannequins are People Too) avoided that at all costs. Yeah, I kind of stunk at visuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails