Friday, March 4, 2011

White Booties (not that kind)

Dress: Old Navy
Cardigan: Gap
Necklace: Forever 21
Owl purse (Ernest): Gift from Darin
Tights: Marshall's
Boots: c/o Wanted
My news isn't as exciting as a pregnancy or lottery win, and I wish it were. But! I am happy that I confronted my boss this afternoon and told him how overwhelmed and overworked I've been lately. My sleep is affected, I have work nightmares, and I'm riddled with worry. A lot of my job is scheduling and waiting for people to get back to me. That's incredibly stressful, because I'm dependent on others' communication in regards to my job performance. I told my boss that I would like to continue with some fund-raising and some programs the youth center offers, but that I cannot continue with business planning. He was incredibly receptive! A load has been lifted off my shoulders.

I am taking the next two weeks to think things over. I will be concentrating on my family, my home, and my blog, in that order. Since Darin works from home, it's really important that I keep the house clean and orderly to aid him in his work productivity. Old-fashioned? Yes, but Darin helps out around the house so much regardless of anything I do. He works incredibly hard, and I am glad that I will have more time to make our home and family life that much more pleasant for him (and me!) We'll see how the next few weeks go! In regards to blog content, I need to hear your suggestions! Anything you'd like to see more of? Less of?

How about these boots? I received them this afternoon from the generous shoe company Wanted. I put them on right out of the box and wore them all day. I adore them! I have been searching high and low for a vintage-inspired pair of white ankle boots, and these are the ticket. They are comfortable, true to size, easy to zip on and off, and didn't scuff at all while I was running through puddles and gravel all day. I can't wait to pair them with ankle socks and dresses this spring. Thank you, Wanted! Also, I subconsciously accessorized with two owls today. For the love of woodland creatures! I can't get enough.

I think I'll sleep well tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails