Saturday, April 2, 2011

Just Moddening

Dress: ASOS
Headband: c/o Monirose
Gloves: vintage
Rubine tights: c/o We Love Colors
Platform sandals: c/o Blowfish
Happy Saturday! Boy, am I glad April Fool's Day is over. I got some grief from some of my readers (a.k.a. family members) about yesterday's post, and I want to clarify some things. I do not want Rowena to be a 'sexy baby.' I was jokingly referring (in my head) to those poor little girls forced to wear wigs and participate in pageants. I love my daughter so much that it hurts (it truly does hurt), and when people question that, I get dangerous like Darkwing Duck. I know that I have an offbeat sense of humor, and I thank YOU, my readers, for 'getting' me. Thank you.

*RANT OVER*

I wore my Peter Pan dress again, but this time I went for a mod feel. Blowfish Shoes sent me these amazing 70s-inspired platform sandals called the Gimmik, and I am obsessed. The black color adds a bit of sophistication, but the shape is completely exaggerated and a bit silly. They're like Louise in shoe form! The quality is very good, they are easy to walk in, and quite comfortable despite the 4.5" heel. The only qualm I had was that it was so difficult to find the little hole for the buckle when I put them on for the first time! Crisis averted, as it only took one wear to break 'em in. A cute t-strap version is also available, but I have far too many t-straps and these are more flattering on my feet.

Speaking of April Fool's day, I got a prank phone call from my 10-year-old niece, claiming that she was Tavi and really wanted to meet with me! I wasn't fooled for a second, but I thought it was hilarious! Have a great weekend, you lovely reader, you.

EDIT: Della kindly directed me to this video in regards to my April Fool's joke--
who knew Tom Hanks and I were on the same wavelength??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails