Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Unstyleable Shoe

Leather jacket: "I'm Sorry" gift from Darin, 2005
Top, skirt, leggings: Gap
Cami: Shade
Shoes: Vibram Five Fingers
Yup, they're weird. These Vibrams are a far cry from my usual 3.5 inch heels! I am in awe of their comfort, and I feel like a little kid when I wear them. I jog, hike, and puddle-jump in these with oh-so-reckless abandon! I will never, ever go back to typical athletic footwear. These feel so much more natural; our feet really are meant to be in contact with the earth. My sudden lack of postpartum back pain attests to that! Long live Vibram Five Fingers!

When wearing these gorilla feet with anything other than running pants, one must have a sense of humor. I went matchy-matchy with my skirt and top and threw in a little edge with my favorite Veronica Mars jacket. So, honest opinion. What do you think of the barefoot shoe? Do you have them? Or any suggestions on how on earth to style these next time?

Don't forget to enter the Anike Burke giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails