Monday, May 9, 2011

Lacy Denim & Serious Words

Scarf: gift from Michal
Necklace: AE
Dress: Target
Vest: Gap
Tights: c/o We Love Colors
Boots: Seychelles 'Romance'
I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend, thank you very much! (I mean 'thank you very much' in a happy way, not in a weird sarcastic way... you know.) Darin did a bunch of sweet stuff for me (which I'll post about later today) and I took my wonderful mother out for an early lunch. It was nice to spend some rare one-on-one time with her.

When we got up to leave the restaurant, my poor mom's knee buckled from underneath her and we had to get a nearby gentlemen to help her up. My mother had heart surgery followed by a small stroke last year, and her body hasn't really been the same since. In that moment when she fell, I didn't want to look at her... I felt scared and suddenly faced with the imminent mortality of my mother. MY MOTHER. I'm beyond frightened to lose her, have her gone from my life. The good thing is, I can talk to her about this and she understands. I'm far more scared than she is, which is a probably a good thing. The only thing I can do is love her. I hope it's enough. I love you Mom! Now stop reading my blog, you're know you're not supposed to! :-)

About the outfit-- It was comfortable, fun and easy to wear, and happy. I was so happy to find my denim vest crumpled under my bed! You'll be seeing more of it; it's so easy to slip on over a summer dress... that is, if summer ever hits. Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails