Friday, June 8, 2012

Swing of Things


I MISSED YOU.
Coat: Gap
Blouse: Old Navy
Skirt: H&M
Shoes: Seychelles
Lipstick: Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum 

Where do I begin?!?  I am ecstatic to be back!  So much has happened in the past year, and I can't wait to catch up with you.  I've had an adorable baby boy after a horrific pregnancy, started a new job as a junior high youth minister, Darin lost his job, got a better one, and I am now obsessed with makeup.  Here's the makeup I wore today:
Odd picture, but you get the point:
Face: 
Garnier BB Cream
Benefit Bella Bamba blush
Benefit Hoola bronzer
TheBalm Mary-Loumanizer highlighter
Pixi Correction Concentrate in Brightening Peach
Benefit Stay Don't Stray (as under eye primer)

Eyes:
Tarte Clean Slate Creaseless Eye Primer
Urban Decay Psychedelic Sister, Woodstock, and Sin eyeshadows
TheBalm 'Matt Smith'
Benefit Bad Gal mascara

Lips:
Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Soft Nude
Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine

Perfume:
Taylor Swift Wonderstruck (It was FREE, okay?)

When I was pregnant, nothing fit, and anything that did fit made me feel worse.  Gone were the days of my fun hats, colorful tights, and sky-high shoes!  To make myself feel better, I did my makeup every day, whether I went out of the house or not.  I watched many hours of YouTube tutorials throughout the sleepless nights of vomiting and hip/sciatic pain, and learned a lot!  I am no makeup expert, but I am having a wonderful time playing with it.  Cosmetics are a great way of expressing yourself when your clothes don't fit.  I will incorporate some 'beauty' into this ghost of a blog, in hopes to inspire those of you who are interested in makeup but don't know where to start.  

Here goes nothing, everybody.  Thank you for coming back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails