Thursday, July 26, 2012

the Tortoise & the Hair

It all started when I was sick and watching too much "Parenthood."  There was something about one of Mae Whitman's hairstyles that just got me.  I showed Darin a picture, and that was that.  He broke out the scissors and hacked away with gusto... until he got to the bangs.  I put one hand up to my forehead, yelped, and ran into Rowena's bedroom, half-crying, half-yelling.  "Too short, too short, too short...."  Darin stomped around, sweat collecting on his forehead, muttering that rare D-word and "This is stupid! This is stupid! Augh!"

We eventually collected ourselves and he finished the job.  Yes, reader.  I am terribly impulsive when it comes to my appearance.  I love experimenting with fashion trends, bright lipsticks, eyeliner, and yes, my hair.  I haven't really done anything drastic since I became (dun dun DUN) a mom.  When I woke up the next morning, I took one look into my vanity mirror and teared up.  Images of Dora the Explorer and Lord Farquad flooded my poor hasty brain.  In my shame, I didn't leave the house for two days.

Now?  I like it.  I really, really like it.  Did I mention I also dyed it black?
What do you think?  

I've been going to this simple makeup look a lot this summer: glowy cheeks, teal lower lashline, bronze shadow, pink lips, and a lot of highlighter.  (I forgot to fill in my brows this morning, oops!)

Face:
Garnier BB Cream
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in nude
Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette
Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
Benefit High Beam (every day!  Love this stuff.)
Benefit Hoola bronzer

Eyes: 
TheBalm 'Matt Patel' in crease
Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencil in 'Rehab' on lid
Urban Decay 'Virgin' in inner corner
TheBalm 'Matt Smith' up to browbone
Urban Decay Supercurl Mascara (a new favorite)
Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on pencil 'Flipside' on waterline and lower lashline

Lips:
Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in 'Darling' (cannot get enough of this product!)

Whew!  That's a lot of makeup.  And a lot less hair.  I think it balances itself out in the end, don't you agree?

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful in those photos. The new haircut looks great on you, and doesn't remind me of Dora or Lord Farquad in the least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the length. The shape is fab on you. Once the bangs grow in, it'll be perfect =)

    ReplyDelete

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails