Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Spotlight: TheBalm 'Cabana Boy' Blush

Here is the makeup from my last post.  It was simple, pretty quick, and perfect for any time of the year.  More subtle than I usually go for, but I've been forgoing the colorful eyeshadow lately for time's sake.
 Face:
Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Sand Beige 
Maybelline Age Rewind under-eye concealer and brightener
TheBalm blush in Cabana Boy
Tarte bronzer in Park Avenue Princess
Benefit Highbeam

Eyes: 
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe
Urban Decay Naked in crease
Urban Decay Foxy up to brow
TheBalm Envious Erin in inner corner
Almay Get up and Grow Mascara

Lips:
NYX Round Lipstick in Tea Rose

On to the blush!  TheBalm's powder products are great.  You really can't go wrong with their blendable, pigmented eyeshadow and blush formulas.  Cabana Boy wasn't as pigmented as my other TheBalm blushes, but it is buildable without getting chalky.  Despite the sexist tagline, I recommend this blush.  Pardon the chipped polish!
Color: Warm plummy-pink with a faint sheen.
Price: $21.00 for a whopping 8.5 grams.  I got mine off Hautelook for $10.50.  TheBalm shows up on the flash sale site every two months or so.  
Packaging: Sturdy cardboard with a mirror.  Strong enough to inadvertently use as a coaster.
Scent: None.
Of note:  No parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, phthalates, GMOs, or triclosan.
Where to buy:  Beauty.com
Would I repurchase? For $10.50, yes!  I find that it is a subdued version of Sleek's Pomegranate, which I actually prefer for its crazy pigmentation and shimmer.

Tried it?  Loved it?  Loathed it?  Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails