Monday, November 25, 2013

nars 'sin' blush review

The moment I receive my Ebates check, I purchase more makeup.  This time, I thought I would splurge on a NARS blush.  I already own the iconic 'Orgasm' from a Sephora sampler, but I wanted to branch out a little. 

Dad, I know you're reading this.  Yes, there is an actual blush called 'Orgasm.'  Yes, I do know what that word means.  On behalf of makeup-loving daughters everywhere, I apologize.  

NARS 'Sin' was at the top of my list, as I've been searching for my perfect plum blush.  The NARS website describes it as 'berry tone with gold shimmer.'  In the pan, it looks quite neutral:
"Mama, please take a picture of me with the blush."
On the cheeks, it's quite flushed and pretty:
 Unfortunately, it takes a lot of work to blend out this formula.  I also had to keep layering it on for some actual color, as the product in the pan was stiff and not buttery at all.  Hmph.  For me, NARS blushes don't hold a candle to Tarte Amazonian Clay blush, which is my favorite formula.  I don't find it worth the $29 price tag.

Does anyone have a plummy blush recommendation for me?  
 Also, don't tell my dad about other scandalous NARS names.  He might keel over.

UPDATE: I have given this blush an unfair shake.
Please see my updated review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails