Thursday, November 7, 2013

two of my favorite things

"I think amethysts are just sweet. They are what I used to think diamonds were like. Long ago, before I had ever seen a diamond, I read about them, and I tried to imagine what they would be like. I thought they would be lovely glimmering purple stones. When I saw a real diamond in a lady's ring one day I was so disappointed I cried. Of course, it was very lovely, but it wasn't my idea of a diamond." 
-Anne of Green Gables, L.M. Montgomery

I'm not a jewelry person.  Well, I'm not an expensive jewelry person.  My wedding ring is the most expensive piece (and most treasured, of course) until last month, when I received a gorgeous diamond eternity ring from Anjolee.  I love it.  It's a tad dainty with a touch of masculinity, just the way I like it.  

I've worn this ring almost daily since I've received it.  It's withstood hours of dishwashing, diaper-changes, showers, and workouts.  It's exceeded my expectations, and I am convinced that I need more amethysts in my life.  Anne, as usual, was right.


 If you or someone you know needs some beautiful quality jewelry, I completely recommend Anjolee.  Fast shipping, good communication, quality product, easy-to-navigate website.  Me very happy. 

My other favorite thing, you ask?  That olive-gilded confection that's constantly been on my nails this fall.  Butter London Wallis.  If you purchase one overpriced Butter London polish in your life, make it Wallis.  

Ah, the winning autumnal combination of my beloved amethyst ring and my goldeny-green nails.  Perfection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails